In the past few years since President Obama assumed office, Republicans have been getting "more extreme". The evidence of this is everywhere - from their sudden passion to restrict women's choices, to their outlook on subjects like rape, to their lock-step anti-gay views and blatant racism. This sudden bent toward fascism is forcing liberal Democrats to repeal "Godwin's Law" left and right... but mostly right.
Here are just a few examples that are pretty hard for anyone to defend:
1) Republican states can't find enough drugs to execute as many prisoners as they want to so now they are considering the use of GAS CHAMBERS. That's right, we haven't seen gas chambers look like a favorable option for anything in awhile, have we? Missouri is the state that draws focus here and while their Governor is technically a conservative Democrat, both chambers of their legislature are ruled by the Republican Party.
2) Some Republicans apparently think it's okay to display a Nazi Swastika flag in their front yards as a protest of President Obama. But lest ye think that it's his clever way of calling Obama a Nazi himself, Joseph Sincavage of Connecticut also proudly flies the Vatican Flag and the Marines Flag right next to the Nazi Swastika, presumably in approval with the former two organizations. Neighbors say that Sincavage has also flown the confederate rebel flag in years past as a protest against Democrats. But don't think of this as an isolated incident because a man in Elkhart, Indiana has been doing the exact same thing since the Boston Marathon terrorist attack.
3) There are actual Nazis within the Republican Party too. Yes, you read that correctly. The Republican choice to defeat a congressional Democrat in Lyons, IL last year was a 64 year-old man named Arthur Jones and he holds Birthday Parties for Hitler and says "The Holocaust never happened."
4) Republicans have gone to extreme lengths to defend racist killers too. Just recently, it was discovered that a man named Larry Klayman, a Tea Party activist and Republican blogger, had propagandized the public in an effort to defend George Zimmerman, the murderer who shot an unarmed black teenager in his neighborhood in Florida. Klayman made up fake court documents alleging that the black female prosecutor in that case had been indicted on criminal charges... She had not.
5) Texas Republicans have tried to infiltrate public education with classes taught by White Supremacy groups. A recent decision to put a halt to educating children about the Constitution was questioned until it was discovered that those lessons weren't as benign as originally thought.
6) Sinclair Lewis once famously stated: "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Nowhere is that more evident now than in Lousiana, where Republican officials are attempting to ban any kind of flag from being waved on public property other than an American flag. This is, of course in response to complaints about gay rights marchers waving their rainbow flags on courthouse steps and in parks.
7) It doesn't stop there with the anti-gay sentiments from Republicans. One Republican-affiliated Pastor with a Christian Church (Pastor Charles Worley of North Carolina) has even suggested "rounding up homosexuals and putting them behind electric fences". CNN had a field day with this guy, particularly a newly-out Anderson Cooper. You can watch all that drama by clicking right here.
8) Republican legislators are teaching their children to say horrible things. That might not sound so dramatic unless you consider the circumstances. Arizona is the only state where a Jewish Female Democrat was shot in the head by an armed attacker with a shaved head who said on YouTube that "Mein Kampf" was his favorite book... That alone is damning enough for the Copper State, but then Republican Senator Jeff Flake had to go on an apology tour for his son who unleashed a hateful, violent slew of rants against gays, Jewish people and other minority groups on both Twitter and gaming boards.